Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Background noise reduction

on the thesis front, i am more dismally behind than ever. wrenched mesself from bed and away from most, evidently not all, distractions. i'm camping out at engin. the sun has been down for many hours but human traffic remains pretty high, quite a contrast to the deserted arts passages on my way here. peak project season in engin innit.


it was pretty noisy. and the sounds, a cacophony of random languages, punctuated by grunts of frustration and the occasional screech when programs failed and equations went awry. t'was getting to me. tried blasting some owl city through my earphones. didn't work. i was typing the lyrics instead of my report. mozart was either drowning my thoughts or not masking theirs sufficiently.

basic high school wave superposition theory came to mind. didn't know how accurate it would be. i searched for white noise and listened to it on loop. it sufficiently canceled out their sound hahaha. pink or brown noise might work better maybe? shall test this hypothesis at some point. geeky me (:

No comments:

Post a Comment