Friday, November 30, 2012

Denial


The bunny was dead.
The cat was carrying it in its mouth the way it does kittens.
Normally, I like cats.
This time, not really.
My only hopes were that the bunny had already been dead when the cat picked it up.
The only thing I could be glad about was that I didn't see it in a semi-masticated state.
It would probably make me hate cats, regardless of Patches.
The bunny was still whole and cute, just dead.
The cat was very cute too, black with a white sock on its front paw.
The only uncute thing was it had a dead bunny in its mouth as it ran across the dump site.
The single sock flashing as the dead bunny swung about.
It was the first time that I had seen a dead bunny.
They are normally alive and bounding across grass patches, nibbling on shoots and chasing one another.
I am sad.
It is not that time of the month.
It is not hormones.
It is just that dead bunnies make me sad.
Even if they feed cute cats.
Maybe it isn't even about bunnies.
Maybe it's because I can't just call you to tell you I saw a cat carrying a dead bunny in its mouth.
And that seeing the dead bunny made me sad.

Maybe the cat was taking a bunny friend that fainted to the secret animal ER which is behind the second bin to the right. 
That sounds better.
I think I'll go with that one.





No comments:

Post a Comment