Friday, January 18, 2013

The straw that broke the camels back.

I am angry. Because the safety or your car was more important than my emotional well being. Because you will not stand up for me. Because you made me believe that you do not think my right to education is equal. Because in your head it is okay for me to give up everything I stand for and return to nothing at all, not even care and security. Because you could shift if you really cared about the proximity. Because you said you would but won't. Because I have a promise to keep to my 17 year old self. Because I owe it to my children to raise them in a place that will not teach them that their rights are less than anothers. Because I have so much to give and it shall all go to naught. Because they could have so much to give and that to would amount to nothing.

The trigger was small, the reaction disproportionate. The result of pent-up angst and a deeper frustration of the injustice of it all. I love my country, I want to go back, it doesn't want me or what I could offer. In the land of our birth, me and mine, you and yours, will all be second class citizens. Is it so wrong that I'm avoiding it for as long as possible? 

No comments:

Post a Comment