Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Birds of a feather...

Periorbital puffiness, hand tremors, headaches, malaise, aching muscles, irritability... it must be sleep deprivation.
Night Owl,
I want to be there for you and to hear you out but when exhausted, these will not be the best listening ears or the most comfortable shoulder to cry on. Fatigue and irritation cause piercing words to roll of ones tongue. Exhaustion means that I cannot reason well and am too tired to respond appropriately but I do want to be there for you. However, the fatigue means that I am not being myself either and will not be at my best :((
The Morning Lark. 



On a different and rather extreme note:
"Sleep deprivation is regarded as torture under international law and is branded as such by the United Nations. Sleep deprivation may sound quite harmless in comparison to other methods of torture; however, ongoing sleep deprivation is an extraordinarily cruel form of torture which leads to a breakdown of the nervous system and to other serious physical and psychological damage."

No comments:

Post a Comment