Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The aftermath.

I should be thankful for the messages of concern and offering counsel. Instead it feels intrusive and like my decisions are being questioned.

An excerpt of a sincere and well-meaning message:
Hey Eva,
I am just concern about your decision to call off the engagement and move on. Perhaps you can give me a time slot that we can meet for a cup of coffee and talk about life.
It's a difficult decision for you but there's a story behind every phase.

My unfortunate response:
Thank you but I don't really believe it's your concern.
I did not mean to come across as bitchy, but this is not someone I'd count as a close friend. They have less facts on the matter than me, why would they think that their opinion would count for something? Well, such should be expected when one chooses to disclose such information on so public a forum. It was changed initially to give him peace and now must be changed to give everyone else closure. Lesson learned.

Close friends did not bother with questions as they know me well enough to be aware of how I deliberate and err on the side of being  over-cautious, all they offered was a listening ear if ever required. I don't pull plugs for fun and to be fair, the average person would not have known my unhappiness. I've always worn my masks well.

No comments:

Post a Comment