Sunday, April 05, 2009

Working weekends.

Today, today, with the widening void in my soul and its inverse proportionality to crunch times distance, I have reverted to the "one-thing-at-a-time" strategy. The void has little to do with stress this year, interestingly. It just has to do with the piece of me that walked away and forgot to come back. I have a sneaking suspicion I know where that piece is, but it is no longer within the grasp of even my shadow fingers. I almost wish it were a physical part of me... a few inches off the thighs? hoho.

Ah, but today, today... so far, so good. Done with my summer internship CV and a major blog post assignment. Just have to research the ACL, work out the mechanics of our balloon screw idea, schedule interviews with more docs and ACL patients, prep for the HR poster presentation, read the Grau paper and finalize if I'll do Eternal Sunshine or GATTACA and get down to the damn outline already.

I musn't make life sound that dreary... it really isn't all that bad. The painful things are not within my control and are major learning points.
Managed to attack and conquer the twin laundry peaks. Interestingly, if my sizable laundry basket isn't at least half full, there isn't enough space in the wardrobe for all my clothes. Should start bringing stuff back. I did pretty darn decently on the last Engineering Materials test (it's only 10% though... bummer!).

Got my place in hall again. Woot! 4 years of hall life. Too bad many awesome people didn't make it back. It's strange how we're losing most of the leaders in hall and the people who could contribute significantly in the sports and culture scenes. Don't mean to sound mean, but besides EHOC and some parts of DP, sports and culture people are kinda needed to a greater degree to sustain particularly inter-hall activities.
I'm not denying the importance of more admin-type people, but it's usually harder to come by a great athlete (and we will be losing a lot of the good ones with the A4, C4 graduations) or a talented dancer/ drama person (most of the choreos are graduating). Hmmmm... but that's just personally.

Okaaaaaaay, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment