Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pi Day!


Yay! I like!
It doesn't matter that it happens every year, it is still pretty special to me (:

(Geek side note: if you open the pic in PDF, you can zoom in and see the first 350,390 digits of pi)

What I did on Pi day:
- DeePee piecing. Our show is coming up this Friday! So soon. I'm uber nervous. My baby, on stage... and the dancing haha *nervous laughter*
- Submit my lab. Raaaaaawr! You know you have a sad life when you go to school on a Saturday evening to submit assignments.
- Eat Pie!!!!



What is pi day without pie? Okay... maybe ShingShing and Debs are right in thinking I'm a smidgeon loony haha but on pi day, you have to eat pie. This year, it was apple, with Kiat-man! We really should go back to the Tea Party sometime and relieve our S-paper mugging sessions. Tea-Party seems like the kind of place that would have pecan pies.
Speaking of pie, I am reminded of the ProjectShop Cafe's scrumptious key-lime pie with vanilla and butterscotch and their drowned in chocolate, steamed Jaffa pudding. Yummmm!


Yesterday was good... well, it didn't start of that way, but it deffo ended well.
Getting annoyed over something fairly trivial, I tried to address Mount Assignments. Sure... I made a wee ickle-bitty dent in it, but still felt fairly crappy. Dawned on me that I distract myself with work on grey days. That prolly explains the ickiness of my holiday week, nothing absolutely important to address, no homework urgently due. Graaaaaawr!
Man-beer randomly messages me. "How goes piecing?" We end up talking cock -absolute glorious mindless cock- for a full 20 minutes. It was really quite uplifting.

Get back to hall and try to assess if I was:
a) over-reacting out of stress and in anticipation of the uphill hike up Mount Assignments.
b) under-reacting and thus being taken for granted.
c) over-thinking things and seeing beyond my corrected 20/40 : 20/350 vision.
d) under-thinking and allowing my dismissive attitude to get the better of the situation.

Tried to escape to that Happy Place but my imagination was malfunctioning. There's only so many times that you can say "Blue skies, rainbows, carousels," and not see anything. Bother!
So I head up to see Kiat, mon sauveur! He was playing CS with Shammers and both were losing to the Terrorists hahahaha. Shammers kept killing Kiat. We left hall, discovered swamp lands and wooden benches, ate pies and sundaes, had a beer, reflected on the big L and caught up. Thanks for being there when I needed you man.

Moment of self-discovery, a lack of response scares the bejeebers out of me.
Hoi! Lapin, merci! J'ai eu besoin de la reponse. It was mildly tart but considering my piquant demand for a justification...haha. At least I know what was going through your head. We really always misunderstand one another terribly, non?

Hope you guys had a great Pi Day. I heart-heart that YingHui celebrates it too (:
We be Enginerds y'all!

Et aujourd'hui:
- Group meets with ACL reconstruct people and HR-Fish&Co folks.
- Dance clean up.
- Room clean up?
- Blog posts for philooooooo peut-etre.
- Raaaaawr! J'ai besoin faire mon devoir. Programming, you will be tackled!

No comments:

Post a Comment