Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Run run run away

Legs on auto-pilot,
lets run with our senses,
let go.
Steps like my thoughts, tripping over each other,
racing forward, stumbling slightly, un-paced,
erratic.


No half tank for the journey back,
no insurance, no cares in the world.
Utter abandon.


I want to scream
for no rhyme or reason.
Instead, I run.
Not to, not away, not from.
Just run.

Clenched fists,
blunt nails digging into hot palms.
Stop.
Let go.
Arms flailing, fingers splayed.

Against traffic,
wind in my face,
cracks on the sidewalk,
dry throat and wet skin,
dark skies and long roads.


Thoughts, words and emotions reduced
to a steady pounding pace,
to swish-swashing ponytails,
and distance covered.


Peace.
I have heard you today.



Each millisecond with
both feet in air,
I was flying.
Every thud to the ground,
jolted me back to earth.
But what does it matter,
I will still dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment